Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly on i Heart Radio, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away about what’s going on in the digital world. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry DiMonte morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- I’m always asked about different and unique gadgets. The holidays are upon us and people might want to pick up some cool tech for their loved ones. Here are some great ideas in the $20 – $150 range:
- Anker PowerCore Fusion 5000 ($35).
- Logitech Spotlight ($150).
- Anker Wireless Charger PowerPort ($25),
- Beats x ($150).
- Amazon Echo Dot ($50).
- Netflix really introduced us to binge-watching, and it became a new way to watch TV. Well, it just introduced a stunning new habit. Last week a study came out, and it found that more people are watching Netflix outside their homes. About 67% of people now watch movies and TV shows in public, according to an online survey it commissioned of 37,000 adults around the world. Most popular places? Planes and buses. With that, 26% of respondents also said that they watch at work. Productivity continues to go down the drain… or in the stream?
- App of the Day: Amazon Prime Video.