Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am on air at CHOM 97.7 FM radio out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 10 minutes every week – to decode the future. We discuss everything that is happening in the world of technology, digital media and culture. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly on i Heart Radio, if you’re interested in hearing more about what’s happening in the transformation of our digital world. I’m really excited about these weekly hits, because this is the radio station that I grew up listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry DiMonte morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Looking for some holiday gift ideas? What do I love about this list? It’s stuffed with ideas that the receiver would (probably) never think of buying for themselves (which is always a way to ensure that it’s a great gift!)
- Cameo. The gift of a personalized celebrity greeting.
- MasterClass. Learn a skill from one of the masters.
- AirPods Pro. An upgrade for your tired ear buds.
- HomePod Mini. Small speaker big sound and functionality.
- LituFoto N126. Mini light for your home office, and it can double as a phone charger.
- USB 10-in-1 adapter. A better way to manage your cables and connections for your computer.
- The Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy 2020. A great book filled with short stories that will spark your imagination.
- We didn’t get a chance to cover everything, so here are some additional ideas:
- Logitech Brio HD webcam.
- Shure MV7 USB/XLR microphone.
- Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline. A great read!
- App of the Week: Satisfying Videos. – calming and… yes, strangely satisfying Twitter feed to follow.
You can also listen in via I Heart Radio.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.