Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Heather B is busy partying it up on summer vacation.
- A great Montreal weekend at Heavy Montreal with Metallica.
- Did I have a great time at Metallica with Genevieve Borne and Jason Rockman? You tell me.
- Russian Hacker Group Steals 1.2 Billion Internet User Passwords (via Mashable).
- Gmail Just Made Unsubscribing From Annoying Emails a Lot Easier (via Mashable).
- New iPhone 6 coming on September 9th from Apple? Let’s hope so! (via Wall Street Journal).
- Native Advertising, John Oliver and the mess of advertising and content.
- More on Native Advertising from me in the Harvard Business Review: We Need a Better Definition of "Native Advertising."
- App of the week: Facebook Messenger (pay attention to this one).