Every morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- The value is live traffic for GPS and mapping applications
- Whether or not government’s should compensate IT consultants to encourage them to do more social work.
- The digitization of society, our health records and our signs.
- The Internet of things… including your toothbrush.
- Using mobile phones on a plane.
- My app of the week: Garage Band.