Every morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Google buys Nest for $3.2 billion and what this means to the future of your home.
- Dropbox also gets a hefty investment pushing the company to a $10 billion in valuation.
- A great book by Dave Eggers called, The Circle.
- Amazon has patented anticipatory shipping. Yes, they’ll send you stuff before your order it (because they know you’re going to press that button!).
- Thinking about a standing desk.
- App of the week: Ikea Hackers (it’s not an app, but a great website).