Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- What is a Twitter verified account and why they matter.
- What took so long for Bethany Mota to get verified on Twitter (she has close to 1.5 million followers).
- Why do Twitter accounts get hacked?
- YouTube and their mainstream media ads.
- Google spends a lot of money on television ads.
- The Digital Newfronts.
- Should online video be more like TV… and vice-versa?
- Digital video needs a new model of monetization.
- Maybe Bethany Mota has figured it out for everyone?
- Specialty TV creates a bunch of random celebrities (dog trainers, cake bakers, kids having kids, etc…).
- App of the week: Camel Camel Camel.