Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Of course everyone is wondering: will it bend? Is #bendgate for real? Does the iPhone bend? Apple says no… so does Consumer Reports.
- Still it was a rough week for Apple due to iOS updates gone awry… did it do damage or did Apple prove how great they are by getting it resolved so quickly?
- And, in the midst of all of this, Blackberry‘s new Passport device is out and getting (mixed) reviews. Are they about to exit the device business?
- Ello is a new online social network. A Facebook competitor? Does it have any legs? Lots of people on jumping on board. I jumped in. Is it any good?
- Are people getting Facebook fatigue… probably not. Even when they frustrate people.
- Why are online social networks invite-only? There’s a logical reason!
- Google is running some great TV commercials.
- App of the week: set-up your Medical ID within Apple’s new Health app.