Every morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Happy Family Day!
- Flappy Bird – easy come… easy go.
- Brands are not prepared for massive success. Ever.
- Making money on Flappy Bird.
- Flappy Bird or Satan?
- Ashton Kutcher on Uber.
- The collaborative economy.
- Uber and surge pricing.
- Uber and Miami.
- App of the week (not an app): Neil Gaiman reads Green Eggs And Ham.