Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #618 – Host: Mitch Joel. I first met Bonnie Siegler abut a decade ago. We were both new to the TED community and would (randomly) run into each other. I knew she was a graphic designer and led a creative studio, but I had no idea just how respected and regarded she was in the design world. Over the years she has become one of the most respected graphic designers in the world. Bonnie is the founder of Eight and a Half. Her impressive clients include The New Yorker, Late Night with Seth Meyers, HBO, The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation and many more. Prior to Eight and a Half, Bonnie co-founded the design studio Number 17, and their clients included Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, Sex and the City, Foreign Affairs Magazine and more. While at Number 17, Bonnie also served as Creative Director of Newsweek after overseeing its complete redesign. Bonnie is now the author of two books: Dear Client (which is a guide for people who work with creatives) and Signs of Resistance (which is a visual history of protest in America). Bonnie was voted one of the 50 most influential designers working today by Graphic Design USA and was a featured designer in the Art Director Club‘s Legacy Project. She served as the chairman of the 2013 AIGA national design conference. In this episode, we focused on her new book, Dear Client and what businesses need to work better with creative people. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 59:47.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Bonnie Siegler.
- Dear Client.
- Signs of Resistance.
- Eight and a Half.
- Follow Bonnie on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #618 – Host: Mitch Joel.