Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #607 – Host: Mitch Joel. How do real people succeed in the real world of work? That’s the question bestselling author Joanna Barsh set out to answer in her latest book, Grow Wherever You Work. How did she find the answer? Not by asking motivational types or the well-established CEOs, but by diving into the trenches with today’s boldest, brightest, up-and-coming leaders (some were… millennials!!… gasp!). Distilling the stories of important work challenges from more than 200 rising leaders in 120 companies, her new book can help anyone grow and learn through the challenges that we all face–not despite them. Why Joanna? Prior to retiring, she joined McKinsey & Company in 1981 and was a senior partner. Along with her consulting work, she lead the McKinsey Centered Leadership Project, whose goal was to help develop women leaders. Joanna is a New York City Commissioner of Women’s Issues and received the Girl Scouts Council Woman of Distinction Award and the National Council of Research on Women Award. Joanna is also a trustee of Sesame Workshop. She was a Baker Scholar at Harvard Business School and is also the author of Centered Leadership and How Remarkable Women Lead. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 1:01:53.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Joanna Barsh.
- Grow Wherever You Work.
- How Remarkable Women Lead.
- Centered Leadership.
- Follow Joanna on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #607 – Host: Mitch Joel.