Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #605 – Host: Mitch Joel. His book is easily one of the best books that I have read in a very long time. The concept of negotiating has been a hot topic for authors and business speakers for a very long time. Still, Chris Voss is truly brilliant and his book, Never Split The Difference – Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It, is just chock full of genius from start to finish. Chris was the lead international kidnapping negotiator for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as the FBI’s hostage negotiation representative for the National Security Council’s Hostage Working Group. Prior to becoming the FBI lead international kidnapping negotiator, Christopher served as the lead Crisis Negotiator for the New York City Division of the FBI. Christopher was a member of the New York City Joint Terrorist Task Force for 14 years. During Chris’s 24 year tenure in the Bureau, he was trained in the art of negotiation by not only the FBI but Scotland Yard and Harvard Law School. He is also a recipient of the Attorney General’s Award for Excellence in Law Enforcement and the FBI Agents Association Award for Distinguished and Exemplary Service. Chris currently teaches business negotiation in the MBA program as an adjunct professor at University of Southern California‘s Marshall School of Business and at Georgetown University‘s McDonough School of Business. So, yeah, he knows a thing or two (or a million) about how to get things done. It’s been a while since I was this nervous to speak with a book author (because I admire his work so much). Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 48:49.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Chris Voss.
- Never Split The Difference – Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It.
- The Black Swan Group.
- Follow Chris on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #605 – Host: Mitch Joel.