Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #582 – Host: Mitch Joel. He has accomplished what many thought was impossible. Gary Morton was part of the only US Army unit ever to win every simulated battle at the grueling National Training Center, and a company that grew its earnings by 20% every year and every quarter of every year for 28 years. It is an incredible leadership, team building and business story that was waiting to be told. Gary Morton graduated from West Point with honors and had a five-year career as a tank officer, the highlight of which was being part of an extraordinary unit that achieved unprecedented results at the US Army’s grueling National Training Center — the only unit to ever win every simulated battle it fought. Gary completed a master’s degree, also with honors, from the University of Southern California, and transitioned out of the Army to medical-device manufacturer Stryker, where he held positions of increasing responsibility in project management, engineering, R&D, operations, and leadership, including twelve years as vice president and general manager of the EMS equipment business. EMS was an innovative juggernaut that he cofounded, and that grew to become the global leader in patient-handling equipment for the ambulance market. Gary is now retired from Stryker and recently published his first book, Commanding Excellence - Inspiring Purpose, Passion, and Ingenuity through Leadership that Matters. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 53:17.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Gary Morton.
- Commanding Excellence - Inspiring Purpose, Passion, and Ingenuity through Leadership that Matters.
- Follow Gary on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #582 – Host: Mitch Joel.