Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #544 – Host: Mitch Joel. It’s not just fake news. The entire media business is in a tailspin now. The last United States Presidential Election called into question what, exactly, is going on with journalism? Facts vs. opinions. Left side vs. right side. Traditional media vs. the digital marketplace.The entire world of journalism is being called into question. Who is responsible for fake news? Who should pay for journalism? How do we navigate, in a world where our most trusted sources were a huge part of how slanted our perceptions of the world are? So many questions. My professional career started off in journalism (this was prior to becoming both a publisher and marketer), so yes, I have a soft spot for all things journalism. There are few who are looking at journalism and the new media with a sharper eye than Jay Rosen. I’m a huge fan. Rosen teaches journalism at New York University, where he has been on the faculty since 1986. He is the author of PressThink, a blog about journalism’s ordeals in the age of the web, which he launched in 2003. In 1999, Yale University Press published his book, What Are Journalists For?, which was about the rise of the civic journalism movement. I was hoping that Jay could provide us with some insights on what happened and where we go from here. His answers will shock you. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 55:24.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Jay Rosen.
- Journalism at New York University
- Follow Jay on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #544 – Host: Mitch Joel.