Welcome to episode #534 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. Is there a formula to creating a winning brand? I used to think this was a silly notion. Similar to when a client wants to create something that goes viral. Then, back in 2010, I read an amazing book by Sally Hogshead called, Fascinate. To this day, it is one of the most thoughtful and actionable books on how to captivate an audience through the power of persuasion. After this book, Hogshead published another best-selling gem called, How The World Sees You. This book really inspired a new direction in how I create content, because of how it focused so deeply not on what I was trying to accomplish, but rather my perception as others define it. Throughout the years, Sally has become a dear friend. She is so much more than a best-selling business book author and world renowned speaker. In her second year of advertising, Sally won more awards than any other copywriter in the U.S., and was described as “the most successful junior copywriter of all time.” After working at Wieden + Kennedy and Fallon McElligott, by age 27 she’d opened her first ad agency, with clients such as Target and Remy Martin. Three years later, she opened the West Coast office of Crispin Porter + Bogusky as Creative Director/Managing Director. Most recently, she did something few authors dare to do. She went back and updated Fascinate. Not just by adding in a new chapter or foreword, but by doing a ton of new research and re-writing over half of the book. I thought the first version was next to perfect. This one? Well, let’s just say that Sally nailed it. The new Fascinate is perfect. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 58:13.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Sally Hogshead.
- How The World Sees You.
- Follow Sally on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #534 – Host: Mitch Joel.