Welcome to episode #524 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. These days, you can’t throw a business professional down a flight of stairs without the words “digital transformation” tumbling out of their mouths. Every business, in every space (small, medium and large) is faced with how digital is transforming the very landscape of business today. When I think of digital transformation and what it takes, I think about David Rogers. Recently, David published his latest book, The Digital Transformation Playbook. David is a Columbia Business School professor, brand strategist, and the founder of the Center on Global Brand Leadership‘s acclaimed BRITE conference on brands, innovation, and technology. Famed ad critic, Bob Garfield, said this about the book: “Seldom have the effects of digital media on legacy industries and innovators alike been so succinctly and scholarly-ly explained. I won’t much detail the Playbook, except to say it breaks down the five main areas of business turned upside down by digital revolution: customers, competition, data, innovation and value. Not to put too fine a point on it, everything we learned about these fundamentals since the Industrial Revolution has ceased to be true. To be even blunter, take Jack Welch‘s triumphalist bestseller from the old analog days and set it on fire; it is worthless. Rogers uses case histories to illustrate how and why the times they are a changing’. And more importantly, exactly how to adapt.” David is also the author of The Network Is Your Customer, The Handbook On Brand And Experience Management, There’s No Business That’s Not Show Business, and many other pieces of research. Have you been struggling with digital transformation? Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 47:56.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with David Rogers.
- The Digital Transformation Playbook.
- BRITE conference.
- The Network Is Your Customer.
- The Handbook On Brand And Experience Management.
- There’s No Business That’s Not Show Business.
- Follow David on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #524 – Host: Mitch Joel.