Welcome to episode #522 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. It used to be that an individual could write a business book and leverage that medium to become an international celebrity. It still happens, just not as much as it used to. The barrier to entry has been lowered (almost anybody can write a book and self-publish it these days). The intrinsic value of writing a business book has changed as well (the entire book publishing industry is still in the midst of massive disruption). With that, many people – each and every day – try to write a bestselling book. Few will achieve what Nicholas Boothman has done with books like How To Make People Like You in 90 Seconds (or less), Convince Them in 90 Seconds (or less) and How To Make Someone Fall In Love With You in 90 Minutes (or less). He’s not just a hugely popular author who has sold millions of books, appeared in every major news outlet and speaks all over the world, he’s also using what he learned about creating compelling content and getting it published to teach the rest of us how to do it better (and make it work). Most recently, he published, How To Write A Saleable Book (in 10-minute bursts of madness), along with courses and seminars and more. Even if you are not looking to write your own book, how he thinks about content, publishing and more will change the way you tweet and post. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 54:53.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Nicholas Boothman.
- How To Write A Saleable Book (in 10-minute bursts of madness).
- How To Make People Like You in 90 Seconds (or less).
- Convince Them in 90 Seconds (or less).
- How To Make Someone Fall In Love With You in 90 Minutes (or less).
- Follow Nick on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #522 – Host: Mitch Joel.