Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #504 – Host: Mitch Joel. Simply put: Douglas Rushkoff makes my brain hurt, because he is so smart. He recently published his latest book, Throwing Rocks At The Google Bus, and it will make your head spin too. All of our assumptions about disruption, the digital economy, unicorns, valuations, and how all of this technological innovation has evolved will be questioned. Not to be a contrarian for contrarian’s sake, this Media Scholar also happens to understand the underpinnings of our economy, and it will startle you. The book acts as a warning and – as with everything he touches – it will make you think deeply. Rushkoff (for those who do not know) is the person responsible for coining terms like ‘digital natives’, ‘social currency’ and ‘viral media’. If you’ve never heard of Rushkoff, he’s the winner of the Media Ecology Association’s first Neil Postman award for Career Achievement in Public Intellectual Activity, he is an author, teacher, and documentarian who focuses on the ways people, cultures, and institutions create, share, and influence each other’s values. He is Professor of Media Theory and Digital Economics at CUNY, technology and media commentator for CNN, digital literacy advocate for Codecademy.com and a lecturer on media, technology, culture and economics around the world. Trust me, you do not want to miss this episode. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 57:45.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Douglas Rushkoff/
- Throwing Rocks At The Google Bus.
- Present Shock.
- Follow Douglas on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #504 – Host: Mitch Joel.