Welcome to episode #478 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. “Marketing is about telling great stories. Living a happy and successful life is about the stories we tell ourselves.” This is how I started a post back in 2010, after reading Donald Miller‘s book, A Million Miles In A Thousand Years (at the recommendation of Chris Brogan). I loved the book and, long before it became en vogue to talk about content and storytelling for brands, I was seeking out new types of content to help brands tell better stories. Fast forward to the present moment. I received an email from Danny Iny asking if I had ever heard of Miller, because he had just attended The StoryBrand Marketing Workshop at thought that Miller would make an excellent guest for the show (thanks, Danny… you were right). How does a novelist become a marketing trainer? How does a novelist shift from writing books, to building a company that helps brands tell better stories? More importantly, how does a novelist – with little marketing experience prior to launching his company – get so many interesting kinds of businesses to become so much better at their marketing? What’s his secret? Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 49:50.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s my conversation with Donald Miller.
- The StoryBrand Marketing Workshop.
- A Million Miles In A Thousand Years.
- Follow Donald on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #478 – Host: Mitch Joel.