Welcome to episode #473 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. Where is the best place to work? It’s easy to rattle off some of the hottest companies coming out of Silicon Valley or by just looking at the cover of Fast Company. Don’t confuse a great product or service with its work environment. And, we’re not just talking about the brands that offer up free food and massages to their employees. In turns out, that there is a ton of research on the subject of what works at work, the problem is that a lot of it is very academic, and has yet to breach the mainstream. Well, social psychologist, Ron Friedman, is here to fix that. His book, The Best Place To Work, looks at the latest science and research around the subject of workplace excellence. He’s reviewed thousands of academic studies and turned it all into practical tips any business can use to increase performance and to transform their workplace. Ron is also the principal at ignite80, a consultancy that offers leaders practical, evidence-based techniques for working smarter and empowering others to produce their best work. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 48:58.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s is the my conversation with Ron Friedman.
- The Best Place To Work.
- Follow Ron on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #473 – Host: Mitch Joel.