Welcome to episode #470 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. A true legend. You can’t use those words lightly when it comes to the business world. Henry Mintzberg is a true legend. He is an internationally renowned academic and author on business and management. He is currently the Cleghorn Professor of Management Studies at the Desautels Faculty of Management of McGill University in Montreal, where he has been teaching since 1968. A published author (more times than most can count), he has been pushing progressive management theory since the early seventies. Most know him for his 1989 book, Mintzberg On Management. Most recently, he published a smaller book titled, Rebalancing Society. Mintzberg also runs a business called, Coaching Ourselves. This organization is running – what looks to be – an incredible event called, Reflections (which takes place September 10th – 11th, 2015 in Montreal). Mintzberg looks back on where management has been, where it’s at today and where it’s all going. Challenging times, for sure. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 50:41.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s is the my conversation with Henry Mintzberg.
- Coaching Ourselves.
- Mintzberg On Management.
- Henry’s TWOG.
- Follow Henry on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #470 – Host: Mitch Joel.