Welcome to episode #445 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Don Tapscott could well be an international treasure when it comes to the Internet and the digital economy. He recently published a majorly updated version of his seminal book, The Digital Economy. It’s hard to believe that this book is celebrating its twentieth anniversary. So much has changed. It’s fascinating to go through the updated version, because you can read what Don got (so) right… and (so) wrong (though it’s not as much as you might think). His newly written thoughts – after every chapter – also points us further into the future. Don has been writing, speaking and consulting about technology being a business and global game-changer for over thirty years. He has authored (and co-authored) fifteen bestselling books, and is often the person who gets the calls from the CEOs of the biggest companies in the world (including many in Silicon Valley) to talk about where things are (probably) headed. He’s been on the podcast before, but it’s always an honor when he’s willing to come back. Enjoy the conversation…
(Apologies for the sound quality on this episode. This was a Skype issue. It’s an important episode, so it’s worth listening through the gurggles 😉
- Running time: 45:38.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Don Tapscott.
- The Digital Economy.
- Follow Don on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #445 – Host: Mitch Joel.