Welcome to episode #434 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Susan Orlean is one of the world’s most respected writers in the genre of creative non-fiction. I have long been a fan of her writing in The New Yorker, and she is a best selling non-fiction author (several times over). Recently, Orleans created a Skillshare course (it’s online and it’s very cost-efficient) to explain her writing process. The course is called, Creative Nonfiction – Write Truth with Style. I took it. I loved it. I wanted more. I reached out to Susan, and she was kind enough to agree to come on to the show. In studying her work – more and more – her content is supremely relevant to marketers today. As we are consistently asked to create better and more engaging stories, why not learn from someone who is an expert in not only storytelling, but in creating these stories within the non-fiction genre? Enjoy the conversation…
Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #434 – Host: Mitch Joel.
- Running time: 56:21.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s is the my conversation with Susan Orlean.
- Creative Nonficition – Write Truth With Style.
- Susan Orlean at The New Yorker.
- Follow Susan on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #434 – Host: Mitch Joel.