Welcome to episode #420 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Have you ever taken one of those personality tests? Some employers force people to take them (employees or recruits), while some of us come across them as we continue our journeys in life. Many of us take tests like this just to see if we’re doing the work that we’re supposed to be doing. Regardless, it’s hard to argue that these test don’t often pull out a thing or two about us that we may not have realized or paid enough attention to. Sally Hogshead is working on something similar… but different. In her latest business book, How The World Sees You, Sally proclaims that it’s not about what you want to become, but how the people you interact with perceive you. Here’s the thing: I’m typically skeptical about these sorts of efforts. I was blown away by the simplicity and accuracy that Sally has brought to this notion. In fact, since reading the book and doing the exercises, I’ve noticed a marked difference in my communication with people because I’m now filtering it by the outputs of How The World Sees You. Sally continues to be one of the most fascinating women in marketing today. He last book, Fascinate, dominated the scene for months, but Sally is much more than a best-selling business book author and speaker. In her second year of advertising, Sally won more awards than any other copywriter in the U.S., and was described as "the most successful junior copywriter of all time." After working at Wieden + Kennedy and Fallon McElligott, by age 27 she’d opened her first ad agency, with clients such as Target and Remy Martin. Three years later, she opened the West Coast office of Crispin Porter + Bogusky as Creative Director/Managing Director. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 50:10.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Sally Hogshead.
- How The World Sees You.
- Follow Sally on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #420 – Host: Mitch Joel.