Welcome to episode #418 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Bob Knorpp may be best known for his stunningly fun podcast on the advertising business known as The Beancast, but he also has a deep passion for the world of innovation (along with that, he is a regular contributor to Ad Age). In the past short while, famed author, educator and thought leader, Clayton Christensen, came under fire after his seminal book, The Innovator’s Dilemma, got picked apart by a widely spread article in The New Yorker titled, The Disruption Machine, by Jill Lepore. There has been plenty of discourse (online and otherwise) about this topic. Christensen even took to the pages of BusinessWeek to clarify the comments and add more color to the arguments. Ultimately, what we learn is that disruption and innovation are complex models that often don’t sit well in the way that businesses have been built. On this show, Bob and I discuss the merits of both sides of the argument, what it means to marketers and how businesses are able to grow and thrive in a world that is seemingly more disruptive than ever before. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 49:05.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Bob Knorpp.
- The Beancast.
- The New Yorker – The Disruption Machine by Jill Lepore.
- BusinessWeek – Clayton Christensen Responds to New Yorker Takedown of ‘Disruptive Innovation’ by Drake Bennett.
- Follow Bob on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #418 – Host: Mitch Joel.