Welcome to episode #416 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. I had heard of Jason SurfrApp before, only that wasn’t his name. The last time I had heard of him, his name was Jason Headsetsdotcom (not kidding). That right, Jason had done this before. He had legally changed his last name to the highest bidder… and he had done it again. Call it a stunt. Call it unconventional, but Jason has a knack for this kind of marketing… or entrepreneurship (depends on how you slice it). He created IWearYourShirt, a company that used sponsored t-shirts to promote businesses on social media and turned it into a million dollar business (not a typo). He took the same approach to the recent publishing of his business book, Creativity For Sale. Frustrated by the landscape of book publishers and book agents, Jason self-published and raised over $75,000 through sponsorships in the book before a single word was written or a single copy of the book sold. If you know anything about book advances and business book sales numbers, that’s not a bad amount (at all). The Unmarketing hero, Scott Stratten, took to Facebook to record a video about how personalized Jason’s pitch to Scott was. Stratten’s video was so compelling that I invited Jason to talk about how he sees marketing, and what stunts look like in a world with so much noise. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 46:06.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Jason SurfrApp.
- Creativity For Sale.
- I Wear Your Shirt.
- Follow Jason on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #416 – Host: Mitch Joel.