Welcome to episode #375 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Back when book publishers were scoffing at the idea that people would read a book on a digital screen, let alone on their iPhones, Michael Hyatt was paying close attention. Back when authors thought that blogging was a waste of valuable text (and not even thinking about Twitter), Michael Hyatt was paying close attention. Back when book publishers had no bearings on the future of book publishing, let alone as an amazing place for authors and book publishers to connect with fans, Michael Hyatt was paying close attention. He would, eventually, leverage social media to better connect himself, the authors he worked with and the book publishing company that he helped push to tremendous success to embrace all things digital. Hyatt is the former Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers (one of the largest book publishing companies in the U.S.), and he’s also the author of the bestselling business book, Platform – Get Noticed in a Noisy World. He’s taken his impressive knowledge of how to build a serious platform and turned it into something called, Platform University. I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know him over the years, and he finally agreed to be on the show. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 41:45.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Michael Hyatt.
- Platform University.
- Follow Michael on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #375 – Host: Mitch Joel.