Welcome to episode #372 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Jeremiah Owyang is paying less attention to social business and much more to what has been called, The Collaborative Economy. He believes that the time is rip and that the collaborative economy is going to change everything (again). He’s currently Partner of Customer Strategy at Altimeter Group, a research based advisory firm started by Charlene Li (Groundswell and Open Leadership). I’ve been following Jeremiah (and admiring him) since his days at Forrester Research and was one of the earlier readers/fans of his blog, Web Strategist. In June of this year, he launched his latest research report called, The Collaborative Economy. This is how Owyang explains it: "Right now, customers are sharing media and ideas on social technologies, in the near future, they’ll use similar technologies to share products and services, which will cause a ripple of impacts far more disruptive than what we’ve seen before." Think about Uber, AirBnB and even Netflix. A world where we share stuff… not own it (a space that has been blossoming since the social Web was first introduced). I spent an afternoon with Owyang a few weeks back in Menlo Park (but we recorded this conversation prior to that). He’s got a great mind for business, technology and marketing. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 49:12.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Jeremiah Owyang.
- The Collaborative Economy.
- Altimeter Group.
- Follow Jeremiah on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #372 – Host: Mitch Joel.