Welcome to episode #368 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. This is a big week for Montreal. We have the Just For Laughs comedy festival in town (full disclosure: Twist Image built the Just For Laughs website). It’s the place where anybody and everybody involved in the business of comedy converge on this city for galas, one-off shows and parties. In the past few years, comedy has latched on to new media in a big way. From comedians using Twitter to connect more directly to the wild success of Funny or Die. We have seen comedians like Louis CK leverage new media to truly build a direct relationship with his fans, to celebrities like Joan Rivers (In Bed With Joan) and Jerry Seinfeld (Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee) turning to Web-only programs. I think that Marc Maron is to thank for a lot of what we’re seeing these comedians do. Since 2009, he has been producing his podcast, WTF With Marc Maron. The show is produced twice a week and features in-depth conversations with comedians and other entertainers that deep dives into their craft and life. He’s had a who’s who of the industry join him. The success of his podcast has furthered his stand-up comedy career, led to a bestselling second book, Attempting Normal, and his TV show, Maron (broadcasted on IFC) just got picked up for another season. I sat down with Maron, this past Friday (prior to a live recording of his own, WTF With Marc Maron). Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 37:45.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Marc Maron.
- WTF With Marc Maron.
- Attempting Normal.
- Follow Marc on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #368 – Host: Mitch Joel.