Welcome to episode #356 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. If you could choose one media channel to create and own, in the year 2013, would it be a blog? Personally, I still think that blogging is as fresh and powerful of a publishing medium as it ever has been. I also think that it is still very nascent in terms of opportunity for brands to create compelling content in a unique voice. Yes, I’m a die-hard evangelist for the platform, but it would not drive me to write a book about it. Well, it did for Mark W. Schaefer. If you’re a frequent listener of the podcast, you know that Mark is a regular guest, insightful marketing professional (and professor) and passionate communicator about how marketing has changed. He’s already written two very successful business books (Return On Influence and The Tao Of Twitter). In February, he published his latest book, Born To Blog - Building Your Blog For Personal And Business Success One Post At A Time, with co-author Stanford A. Smith. Mark wasn’t an early adopter to blogging, but he is living proof that it is never too late to enter the fray and share. His blog, Grow, is not only immensely successful, but has community engagement that is off the charts. Take a listen to this show and decide for yourself if blogging could well be the "next big thing"… again. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 34:19.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete comes out May 21st, 2013.
- In conversation with Mark W. Schaefer.
- Stanford A. Smith.
- Born To Blog.
- Return On Influence.
- The Tao of Twitter.
- Follow Mark on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #356 – Host: Mitch Joel.