Welcome to episode #337 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. It’s the stuff legends are made. Good legends… about good people. Beth Kanter has always had a passion for making a difference. Meld that with her early understanding of technology and the power of connectivity and you can’t mention the words, "social media for nonprofit organizations" and not hear the name, Beth Kanter, at the same moment. She has over 400,000 followers (and that’s just on Twitter). Her blog, Beth’s Blog – How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media, is widely regarded are the destination for nonprofit, charitable, NGO and other groups trying to make a difference in the world. Her first book, The Networked Nonprofit, is desk-table essential reading for anyone in the charitable and cause space and, most recently, she published a second book, Measuring the Networked Nonprofit, with co-author KD Paine. Both books have reached #1 on the list of nonprofit books on Amazon (which should come as no surprise). She is candid and forthcoming about the many opportunities nonprofits have to leverage social media to make a difference. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 46:33.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT DEL is coming in Spring 2013.
- In conversation with Beth Kanter.
- Beth’s Blog.
- The Networked Nonprofit.
- Measuring The Networked Nonprofit.
- Follow Beth on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #337 – Host: Mitch Joel.