Welcome to episode #297 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. How does creativity happen? Does it take a lot of time? Can brilliant creative just happen? What inspires creativity? Who is a creative? These are the questions and thoughts that we all engage and connect with as Marketing professionals in one way, shape or form at multiple times during our careers. We often lament the creatives as those who get to play all of the time or go to movies and grab coffees waiting for that moment of inspiration. Scratching beneath the surface, we begin to realize that those who we would hail as being the most creative are usually very hard and complex workers. It’s a topic that is near and dear to the heart of Julie Burstein. In 2000, Julie created Studio 360 with Kurt Anderson for Public Radio International. It was a show that looked at creative people through in-depth conversation. Her first book, Spark – How Creativity Works, was one of those books that I just could not put down. Currently, she is the host of Pursuit of Spark – a Podcast that continues the conversations she started with her book, Spark. I had the pleasure of watching Julie present at this past TED conference and she was kind enough to spend some time with me, after her presentation, to discuss the topic of creativity and work. Enjoy the conversation…
Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #297 – Host: Mitch Joel.
- Running time: 40:11.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #41 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan – New Marketing Labs – Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman – Managing The Gray – Digital Dads – Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire – LibriVox – iambik audio – PressBooks.
- Christopher S. Penn – Blue Sky Factory – Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith – In Over Your Head – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Julie Burstein.
- Spark – How Creativity Works.
- Pursuit of Spark.
- Studio 360.
- Follow Julie on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #297 – Host: Mitch Joel.