Welcome to episode #218 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. This is also episode #35 of Media Hacks. For this Labour Day weekend we managed to get C.C. Chapman, Hugh McGuire, Christopher S. Penn and myself on a call to discuss everything new and happening around all things media (and yes, new media). One of the core topics was how the Internet is dealing with the real-time Web and the implications this is happening across the media channels. So, yes, we’re talking about newspapers, television and a world where everyone and anyone is an eye witness reporter. We also dive into a discussion about how apps are becoming a world where suddenly it looks more like a thousand AOLs blossoming verses an open Internet as we have know it to date. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 47:39.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #35 of Media Hacks happens right now and it features:
- C.C. Chapman – Managing The Gray – Digital Dads – Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire – LibriVox – Bite-Sized Edits – The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn – Blue Sky Factory – Marketing Over Coffee.
- Not present:
- Chris Brogan – New Marketing Labs – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- Julien Smith – In Over Your Head – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- Twitter from Space – NASA astronaut first to ‘tweet’ from space.
- A discussion about the real-time web and real-time news.
- Apps and the new closed Internet.
- No show notes this week – wound up spending time with the family instead (forgive me ;).
- David Usher (with Marie Mai) – ‘Je Repars’ (in French).
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #218 – Host: Mitch Joel.