Welcome to episode #829 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #829 – Host: Mitch Joel. When you have a curious mind, you might find yourself wondering what it takes to truly change someone’s mind… is that even possible? Especially as things get as crazy as they have become? David McRaney had his own mind changed (about many things)… and it surprised him. David is a science journalist, and he’s fascinated with all things brains, minds and culture. He created the blog/book/podcast, You Are Not So Smart, to get a better understanding of self-delusion and motivated reasoning. He started the blog in 2009, and the book became a bestseller shortly after (now available in 17 languages). His second book, You Are Now Less Dumb, was released in 2013, and his latest book is, How Minds Change – The Surprising Science of Belief, Opinion and Persuasion. David also recently wrote, produced, and recorded a six-hour audio documentary, Exploring Genius, that dives deep into the history of the idea and the word: genius. With that, if you think that we can’t motivate others to rethink their beliefs, you would be wrong. If you still don’t believe me, listen to this show. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 55:38.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at Apple Podcasts.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with David McRaney.
- How Minds Change – The Surprising Science of Belief, Opinion and Persuasion.
- You Are Not So Smart.
- You Are Now Less Dumb.
- Exploring Genius.
- You Are Not So Smart – the podcast.
- Follow David on LinkedIn.
- Follow David on Instagram.
- Follow David on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #829 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.