Welcome to episode #805 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #805 – Host: Mitch Joel. I’m really into this book called, You Have More Influence Than You Think – How We Underestimate Our Power Of Persuasion, And Why It Matters by Vanessa Bohns. Vanessa is a social psychologist, an award-winning researcher and teacher, and a professor of organizational behavior at Cornell University. She holds a PhD in psychology from Columbia University and an AB in psychology from Brown University. Vanessa has been a Visiting Scholar at the NYU Stern School of Business and has taught at the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Harvard Business Review, and her research has been published in top academic journals in psychology, management, and law, and featured by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, The Economist, and beyond. This is her first book, and it illustrates why we we fail to recognize the influence we have, and how that lack of awareness can lead us to miss opportunities or accidentally misuse our power. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 1:00:39.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at Apple Podcasts.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Vanessa Bohns.
- You Have More Influence Than You Think.
- Follow Vanessa on Instagram.
- Follow Vanessa on LinkedIn.
- Follow Vanessa on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #805 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.