Welcome to episode #796 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #796 – Host: Mitch Joel. Internationally recognized as one of Canada’s leading engineers, Dr. Indira V. Samarasekera has led an amazing career. Indira has been awarded the E.W.R. Steacie Fellowship, the Peter Lougheed award for leadership in public policy and the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. She is an Officer of the Order of Canada and a Foreign Associate of the National Academy of Engineering. A former president and vice-chancellor of the University of Alberta, Indira has honorary degrees from the University of British Columbia, University of Toronto, the University of Waterloo, Queen’s University Belfast, University of Montréal and the University of Western Ontario. She is also the first woman president ever at the University of Alberta. Indira is a member of the board of directors for Scotiabank and Magna International, and a member of the advisory board for Canada’s Outstanding CEO of the Year award. She serves on the boards of the Asia-Pacific Foundation and the Rideau Hall Foundation. Most recently, she has co-authored the book, Nerve – Lessons on Leadership From Two Women Who Went First with Martha Piper. This is a conversation about leadership, mentorship and the different routes to lead. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 56:07.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at Apple Podcasts.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Dr. Indira V. Samarasekera.
- Nerve – Lessons on Leadership From Two Women Who Went First.
- Martha Piper.
- Follow Indira on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #796 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.