Welcome to episode #777 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #777 – Host: Mitch Joel. He is a teacher of innovation at Harvard University, is the founder of RISE, and the author of the new book, Backable – exploring how to get people to believe in your ideas. The book is rooted in Suneel Gupta’s journey from first-time entrepreneur to being named, “The New Face of Innovation” by the New York Stock Exchange. Suneel’s ideas have been backed by firms like Greylock and Google Ventures, and he served as an Entrepreneur in Residence inside Kleiner Perkins. He has personally backed startups including Impossible Foods, Airbnb, 23&Me, Calm, and SpaceX. In 2018, Suneel ran for election to the U.S. House to represent Michigan’s 11th Congressional District. An expert at accelerating growth and innovation, in less than two years, Suneel helped grow Groupon from a tiny startup into a multi-billion-dollar company. Prior to serving as Groupon’s first vice president of product, he built products for Mozilla as their director of product development. Suneel is also a lawyer and filmmaker. He started his career in the Clinton White House where he served as a speechwriter. A few years later, he was asked to co-author the national platform for the Democratic Party. Suneel has always moved quickly. In less than six years total, he earned a BS from the University of Michigan, an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management, and a JD from Northwestern University School of Law. He also is the co-founder at Gross National Happiness Center of America in partnership with the Kingdom of Bhutan. What does it take to become bankable? Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 49:29.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at Apple Podcasts.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Suneel Gupta.
- Backable – exploring how to get people to believe in your ideas.
- Follow Suneel on LinkedIn.
- Follow Suneel on Twitter.
- Follow Suneel on Instagram.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #777 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.