Welcome to episode #764 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #764 – Host: Mitch Joel. Ethan Kross is one of the world’s leading experts on controlling the conscious mind. A professor in the University of Michigan’s Psychology Department and its Ross School of Business, he studies how the conversations people have with themselves impact their health, performance, decisions and relationships. He moved to the University of Michigan in 2008, where he founded the Emotion & Self Control Laboratory. Ethan’s new book is Chatter – The Voice in Our Head, Why It Matters, and How to Harness It. The book explores the silent conversations we have with ourselves. Interweaving groundbreaking behavioral and brain research from his lab with real-world case studies — from a pitcher who forgets how to pitch, to a Harvard undergrad negotiating her double life as a spy — Kross explains how these conversations shape our lives, work, and relationships. He warns that giving in to negative and disorienting self-talk — what he calls “chatter” — can tank our health, sink our moods, strain our social connections, and cause us to fold under pressure. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 53:13.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at Apple Podcasts.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Ethan Kross.
- Chatter – The Voice in Our Head, Why It Matters, and How to Harness It.
- Follow Ethan on LinkedIn.
- Follow Ethan on Instagram.
- Follow Ethan on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #764 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.