Welcome to episode #684 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #684 – Host: Mitch Joel. One could argue that Gary Shapiro has the coolest job in the world. Gary is president and CEO of the Consumer Technology Association, the U.S. trade association representing more than 2,200 consumer technology companies and which owns and produces CES – the massive conference and trade show that descends on Las Vegas every January, and introduces the world to the future of technology and innovation. Gary has testified before Congress on technology and business issues dozens of times and led the industry through its successful transition to HDTV. As chairman of the Home Recording Rights Coalition, Gary led the manufacturers’ battle to preserve the legality of recording technology and consumer fair-use rights and was an early opponent in the fight to defeat SOPA and PIPA in Congress – legislation that would silence free speech online. In 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Hill named him one of the top lobbyists in Washington, DC. Shapiro has also been repeatedly named one of the 100 most influential people in Washington by Washington Life Magazine and a “tech titan” by Washingtonian magazine. Gary is also an author. He wrote the New York Times best-sellers, Ninja Innovation – The Ten Killer Strategies of the World’s Most Successful Businesses, The Comeback – How Innovation will Restore the American Dream, and his latest, Ninja Future – Secrets to Success in the New World of Innovation. If you want to better understand the future of technology, electronics and innovation… look no further. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 55:20.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Gary Shapiro.
- Consumer Technology Association.
- Ninja Future – Secrets to Success in the New World of Innovation.
- Ninja Innovation – The Ten Killer Strategies of the World’s Most Successful Businesses.
- The Comeback – How Innovation will Restore the American Dream,.
- Follow Gary on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #684 – Host: Mitch Joel.