Welcome to episode #671 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #671 – Host: Mitch Joel. David Burkus is a best-selling author, keynote speaker, and former business school professor. In 2017, he was named as one of the world’s top business thought leaders by Thinkers50. His books are Friend of a Friend, Under New Management and The Myths of Creativity. David is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review and has been both a personal friend and guest on this show many times over the years. David’s views on leadership have earned him invitations to speak to leaders from a variety of Fortune 500 companies. His TED talk (Why you should know how much your coworkers get paid) has been viewed over two million times. Today we had a conversation on thought leadership. How to think about it, how to create content to position yourself (or your brand) in this manner, and what it takes to get content (articles, media appearances, podcasts, speaking engagements and beyond) heard in such a noisy environment. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 54:45.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with David Burkus.
- Friend of a Friend.
- Under New Management.
- The Myths of Creativity.
- Why you should know how much your coworkers get paid.
- Follow David on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #671 – Host: Mitch Joel.