Every morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- The Sting And Paul Simon show does look good.
- What’s up with WhatsApp and Facebook?
- The race for audience.
- The new type of private social network.
- Being a savvy media company.
- WhatsApp outage and taking shots at technology.
- Facebook’s market cap is close to $180 billion.
- Is Facebook still innovative?
- App of the week: PicCollage (h/t La Chatch).