Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Tomorrow Apple is looking for a big day. What can we expect? New iPhones? A wearable technology? Some else?
- The world awaits as innovation takes center stage.
- If celebrities can get their nude photos hacked and made public, do we all need to be afraid?
- Vice started off an alternative newspaper in Montreal. It then became a magazine. They moved to New York City and now they’re worth billions of dollars.
- Is Vice the future of media?
- What did they do so right that so many other massive media players missed?