Is there one link, story, picture or thought that you saw online this week that you think somebody you know must see?
My friends: Alistair Croll (Solve for Interesting, Tilt the Windmill, Interesting Bits, HBS, chair of Strata, Startupfest, FWD50, and Scaletechconf; author of Lean Analytics and some other books), Hugh McGuire (Rebus Foundation, PressBooks, LibriVox) and I decided that every week the three of us are going to share one link for one another (for a total of six links) that each individual feels the other person “must see.”
Check out these six links that we’re recommending to one another:
- Earth is getting a black box to record events that lead to the downfall of civilization – cNet. “Because of course it is. I dutifully watched the first season of Foundation—I have mixed feelings, and most of them are spoilers—and then this caught my eye. Nice of us to write the plot for future visitors from afar.” (Alistair for Hugh).
- These people actually seem like sheep? Is anything even real? – CBC Arts. “Dibs! I get to share this one first! I’m not usually a fan of performance art, particularly when it’s a heavy-handed, grant-backed epic whose point could be summarized in a few short sentences. But I’d watch the hell out of this: 30 minutes of humans mimicking sheep, terrifying children, and generally loping around in blissful ignorance. Heavy-hoofed, maybe, but I’m here for it.” (Alistair for Mitch).
- What does a Gong Sound Like when Hit with a 1189mph Baseball? – Smarter Every Day – YouTube. “Nerdiest YouTube video that I’ve seen in a long while, and I couldn’t stop watching, so I think: I bet Alistair will like this.” (Hugh for Alistair).
- People Are Sharing Bad Stock Photos Of Their Jobs That Are So Far From Reality, It’s Hilarious – Bored Panda. “Terrible SEO-driven title, but pretty good fun.” (Hugh for Mitch).
- The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience – Unreal Engine. “I’m really looking forward to seeing the new installment of The Matrix. With that, I am not a gamer but I have a deep appreciation for how gaming has progressed and become this gigantic and important business/industry. The question every kid wants to know (even going back to days of Pong and the Atari 2600) is this: When will computer games really feel real? This might the answer, and a glimpse into where gaming might soon venture. Photorealistic scenes that will have you questioning which part of this YouTube clip is film and which part of this is game? The answer: This is all game. Seriously. It is. Be prepared to be amazed…” (Mitch for Alistair).
- Stan Lee Is an NFT Now, And Fans Are Very Upset – Motherboard by Vice. “Famed Marvel creator, Stan Lee, passed away a few years back. If you don’t know his work, just click on his name and read his Wikipedia entry. It’s hard to imagine that one human being had a hand in creating all of those amazing and legendary characters. You don’t have to be a comic book nerd (like me) to appreciate that kind of brilliance and creativity. In a word: Respect. Now, when it comes to the world of NFTs, it seems like you can discover some very interesting projects, but there’s also an ever-growing underbelly of real sketchiness happening in the NFT world. It’s this weird combination of pump and dump, hype, MLM strategies and more. This project seems legit, but the fans are not happy…” (Mitch for Hugh).
Are you interested in what’s next? How to decode the future? I publish between 2-3 times per week and then the Six Pixels of Separation Podcast comes out every Sunday. Feel free to subscribe (and tell your friends)