Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- The story of Jian Ghomeshi from a social media perspective, is interesting. He used social media to tell “his side” and it wound up biting him (big time) in the you-know-what. He’s also someone who is known to be very active on social media… and now, silence. So, what happens when you share a lot and suddenly go quiet… is that a sign? As people, we overshare, but do we consider the consequences when it’s about the stuff that doesn’t put us in the best light?
- An interesting turn of events. We all know that we can review businesses – everything from restaurants and hotels to sneakers and more. What if businesses could leave reviews of their consumers? Well…
- Alex from Target has become a story on Buzzfeed.
- The TVO documentary, Life After Digital.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook came out in an op-ed piece for BusinessWeek. Is this a big deal? Is this a huge step forward for human rights? It’s interesting to watch the reactions. Most of which, thankfully, have been supportive and loving (the way they should be!). Empathy is everything!
- App of the week: Bannerman.