Every morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- It’s Social Media Week!
- What’s the best travel site to get deals on hotels and flights?
- Chromecast is great… but not in all countries.
- It’s frustrating that we can’t get global rights to content.
- Draconian publishing rights.
- Consumer’s don’t think about content as being territory-specific.
- Spotflux will let you see other regions, but you have to sensitive about the information you are sharing.
- App of the week: 7 Min Fitness Challenge.