Every morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- WestJet Christmas Miracle.
- How hard is it to make something go viral?
- Why brands can better compete in a world where they can tell their own story on their own terms.
- Can WestJet make something go viral again?
- Editing is everything.
- Homeless man releases a carpooling app after learning to code.
- Trees For Cars.
- Codeacademy – you too can learn how to code.
- App of the week: FlightTrack 5.